EMBODIMENT & NATURE
"Our body is the best health care system we have – if we know how to listen to it." - Dr. Christiane Northrup
Connecting with the wild can help us realign our natural state of being, one of balance and harmonious relations of body, mind and spirit. Many people dwell in states of dissociation and fragmentation, disconnected from their bodies and the natural world. Our culture suffers from nature deprivation due to hours spent on screens of technology, negative media bombardment and distraction from simply being.
Taking embodiment into the wild can restore, re-balance, reboot and reconnect us to our sensual, adventurous and natural self.
Some options and benefits for Somatic experiencing in Nature are:
- Unplugging from technology
- Breathwork in fresh air
- Creating new neuro pathways and shifting perspectives supported by Nature
- Connecting to the elements and forging new and erotic ways of being in nature
- Somatic releasing: expressing emotions such as grief, pain, anger, joy, pleasure
- Sensate focus with objects of nature